On September 18, Sterling United Methodist Church announced the launch of a new Visibility Campaign to increase the profile of the church within the Sterling community and to invite our neighbors to join us as we journey together to better know Christ.
In a recent survey, almost 60 percent of the residents of Sterling claimed no religion. There are so many just outside our Church doors who do not know God. And in today’s troubled world, we all need God!
To achieve our campaign goals, we are raising money and volunteer hours for the following:
- Clear the hill on Church Road so people can see the church as they drive by ($5,000)
- Send welcome/introductory postcards to newcomers to Sterling and Herndon ($3,500)
- Sterling Fest booth and materials ($1,000)
- SUMC Fall Festival ($500)
- Website upgrades ($3,500)
- Advertising and social media ($6,500)
Please prayerfully consider a one-time donation to this campaign to enable the future growth of SUMC.
You can donate online here:
You can also bring your donation to church this upcoming Sunday (9/25) or mail it to the church. If you would like to volunteer to provide your time and talents to assist with the projects above or to be a greeter on Sunday mornings, please contact the church office!
Thank you for your consideration of this opportunity to make SUMC more visible within our Sterling community!